Many home improvement projects that involve altering the exterior, such as roof replacement and siding installation, generally require not only a building permit, but the approval of the local homeowners association (HOA), as well. The HOA is an integral part of the community since it helps maintain property values and keeps the neighborhood safe and visually appealing for everyone.
Any project you may be planning this season has to go through them before the work can actually begin. This feels a bit restrictive, but it pays to stay on the good side of your local HOA. But does this rule include gutter replacement? Will you still need their approval just for having new gutters installed? The short answer: probably.
One of the premier roofers in the area, Pro Quality Construction Inc. expounds on this here.
You Most Likely Have to Get Approval
When taken with the rest of your home’s exterior, your gutters actually contribute a great deal to its overall appearance. They can, in fact, give your home a sleek and finished look. So, even if it looks like a minor project, a gutter replacement will need pre-approval from your HOA.
You’ll find that getting one is extremely crucial because the HOA has the right to stop the work in progress if you don’t comply. Not only that, they can force you to redo the gutter installation even when it’s already finished, whether or not the project adheres to the HOA rules and regulations. To avoid the hassle and additional costs involved with non-compliance, you’ll want to get that pre-approval before starting both minor and major projects.
How to Get Approval for Your Gutter Replacement
Careful preparation and proper understanding of the HOA process go a long way to helping you get the pre-approval you need. The process can still take time, but at least it won’t be as stressful. To detail, what you should do is:
- Check your local HOA’s CC&Rs (covenants, conditions, and restrictions) so you have a clearer idea on what specific approval is needed or not for your gutter replacement.
- Ask the HOA board for project forms. Fill these out with the relevant information, such as details about the project, estimated start and completion dates, the name of the professional you’re hiring for the job, plus photos of what your finished gutters may look like.
- Wait patiently for them–the approval process can take time, and varies with each HOA. They’ll go over the details of your project and base their decision from there.
- If your gutter replacement is approved, the work can begin.
- The next step is to hire a reliable contractor for the job. HOAs often require homeowners to choose someone licensed and insured.
- Should they ask, provide the HOA with more detailed plans drawn by your choice of gutter installer before the work begins.
What Happens If You Don’t Get Approval?
Then you can’t start the project until you do. This means going over the pre-approval process again. But if you want to increase your chances of getting approval the next time you apply, you should work with a premier gutter company, like Pro Quality Construction, Inc. that already has experience dealing with HOAs and fully understands their processes.
Gutter Replacement Made Stress-Free by Pro Quality Construction Inc.
This particular project doesn’t seem as extensive or complicated as roof or siding installation, but gutter replacement will still require the expertise of a professional. That’s because DIY work increases the risk of costly mistakes and even unnecessary damage to your roof and home. But when you work with a trusted gutter contractor in your area, like Pro Quality Construction Inc., you can expect better, worry-free results. In fact, we’ll make sure to:
- Assist you in choosing the right type of gutter for your home. Pro Quality Construction Inc. offers conventional and half-round or box gutters that ensure superior draining performance.
- Help you explore available gutter materials, colors, and styles to ensure your new system matches beautifully with your home and roof’s overall appearance.
- Pitch your new gutters correctly so they can do their job of efficiently channeling rainwater away from your home. Our team will also make sure your new system is attached properly along the fascia board, keeping it sturdily in place.
If you need your gutters repaired, we can take care of that, as well. Are they sagging, corroded, clogged, or leaky? Our professional team can restore them to rights so they can continue delivering the smooth and reliable draining performance you’ve come to expect.
More Reasons to Work with Us
Aside from gutter installation, Pro Quality Construction Inc. specializes in commercial and residential roof repair, replacement, and maintenance. You can also count on us for your siding and skylights installation needs. You always know you’re covered when you turn to us because:
- We are a qualified company. Because Pro Quality Construction Inc. is fully licensed, bonded and insured, we can ensure your greater protection. Our team also has workers’ compensation and liability coverage. This adds yet another layer of protection to you and your investment, ensuring you won’t be held accountable in the rare chance something goes awry during your project.
- We have the experience. Pro Quality Construction Inc. has decades of combined industry experience. We have already worked on countless roof and exterior projects over the years, and will make sure the project is completed in a timely and efficient manner–with zero potential for mistakes and callbacks.
- We provide high-quality service. Few companies can provide the same exceptional service offered by Pro Quality Construction Inc. We see our clients as VIPs, ensuring that any job–whether it involves roof repair or gutter installation–will be given the full attention it deserves. You’ll see the quality of our workmanship reflected in every 5-star review we’ve earned in Google My Business from pleased customers, plus the A+ rating we maintain with the Better Business Bureau®.
- We offer top-tier products from the leading brands. Pro Quality Construction Inc. is a GAF® Master Elite®, Owens Corning® Preferred, and an IKO® ShieldPRO plus™ Certified contractor. This means you get access to some of the highest quality roofing systems available today. If you need a new exterior for your home, we have tough and beautiful vinyl and polymer shake siding from CertainTeed®. And when you want to give your home an instant focal point while benefiting from increased access to natural light, we have skylights from Velux®.
Whether you need expert roof installation or high-quality gutter replacement, one of the area’s trusted roofers, Pro Quality Construction Inc. has you covered. We’ll make sure your exterior home upgrade goes on safely and smoothly when you work with us. Call us today at (844) 499-7878 or fill out this contact form to schedule your FREE consultation. Our service areas include Hamilton Township and the rest of Central New Jersey. We look forward to hearing from you!